Dental aligners, also known as clear aligners, are a popular orthodontic treatment option for correcting misaligned teeth and bite issues. They are a modern alternative to traditional braces, offering a more discreet and comfortable way to straighten your teeth.
Aligners are made of transparent, BPA-free plastic material, custom-designed to fit snugly over your teeth. They work by applying gentle and controlled forces to gradually move your teeth into the desired position over time.
Here’s how the process typically works:
1. Consultation: During your initial visit to the dental clinic, your dentist or orthodontist will evaluate your teeth and bite to determine if you’re a suitable candidate for clear aligners. They will discuss your treatment goals and expectations and answer any questions you may have.
2. Treatment Plan: If clear aligners are deemed appropriate for you, a customized treatment plan will be created. Advanced 3D imaging technology may be used to take digital impressions of your teeth, which will serve as a basis for designing a series of aligners.
3. Aligner Fabrication: Using the digital impressions, a series of clear aligners will be custom-made specifically for your teeth. Each set of aligners is designed to exert gradual pressure on the teeth, progressively moving them into proper alignment.
4. Wearing the Aligners: Once your aligners are ready, you will be instructed on how to wear and care for them. Typically, you will wear each set of aligners for about 1-2 weeks, for a minimum of 20-22 hours per day, removing them only while eating, drinking (except for water), brushing, and flossing.
5. Progress Check-ups: Throughout your treatment, you will have regular check-up appointments with your dentist or orthodontist to monitor your progress. They may provide you with new sets of aligners and make necessary adjustments to ensure your teeth are moving correctly.
6. Treatment Completion: Once you have gone through the entire series of aligners, typically ranging from several months to a year or more, your teeth should have reached their desired position. At this stage, your dentist may recommend a retainer to help maintain your newly achieved alignment.
One of the key advantages of clear aligners is their discreet appearance, as they are virtually invisible when worn. Additionally, they can be removed for special occasions or when eating, making them more convenient than traditional braces. However, compliance with wearing the aligners as instructed is crucial for successful treatment outcomes.
It’s important to note that not all orthodontic cases can be treated with clear aligners. Complex or severe orthodontic issues may still require traditional braces or other orthodontic interventions. A consultation with a dental professional will help determine the most suitable treatment option for you.
Overall, clear aligners offer a modern and effective way to achieve a straighter smile, allowing you to improve your dental alignment discreetly and comfortably.
We’re always accepting new patients! We believe in providing the best possible care to all our existing patients and welcome new patients to sample the service we have to offer.
*In selected locations
Copyright © Finedent Dental Clinics
Design and Development Bidxperts.com